WAS Re: innfeed not propagating articles

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 17 20:47:21 UTC 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> reader appears to be sending them to the crosspost program and
> "newslocal", which again, is the replacement reader machine and is
> unknown to anyone but "top" (the current reader box).

That's fine, for most posts.  After all, stuff comes in the transit, to
the reader, and then from there to newslocal, that's the idea.  If it came
from newstransit, it shouldn't be going back.

> > you should be seeing not-for-mail
> > lines in reader's "news" for each post.
>
> I think that this is what we need to pursue, since "not-for-mail"
> doesn't appear anywhere

Perhaps I was unclear -- you should see not-for-mail in the reader's
"news" for each post which originates from one of your users.  In general,
that's not very many posts in comparison to the stuff coming in from the
rest of the world.

Make a test post to the reader machine if you need to.

If you're actually posting and not seeing not-for-mail, that would be
awfully weird.  Are such posts visible on the reader server itself?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org