nnrpd's Argify() and passwords with spaces

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Thu Dec 20 00:31:23 UTC 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0112191237540.17124-100000 at marduk.litech.org>,
	"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" <jeff at litech.org> wrote;

} No -- the trouble is that we are unlikely to get support from newsreaders
} for a while; they send passwords exactly as typed and we'd like to
} work-as-expected as often as possible.

Yes, I know that.  I mean co-work with newsreader
software.

} Sure, that would be nice.  But if we're going to add new extensions (which
} is probably the best thing to do? so we maintain compatibility with
} existing software?) we should keep in mind that plaintext passwords are
} bad.

Excactly.  But here I'd like to make it clear 'AUTHINFO'
and 'AUTHINFO SIMPLE' in 2980.  It does not mention user/
password which includes spaces.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou