cnfsstat errors

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 28 23:48:07 UTC 2001

Albert E Whale <aewhale at abs-comptech.com> writes:

> I am running inn-2.3.2 and I am using Cyclic Buffers for storage (TOO
> MANY Problems with Tradspool), anyway I am checking the info on the
> Spool, and I found that cnfsstat -a produces the following:

>   (Missing <OWtW7.128457$8w3.25620131 at typhoon.kc.rr.com>)
>   (Missing <Xns9183A12A8141Asbogleusyahoocom at 66.75.162.199>)
>   (Missing <mutW7.51384$OY3.1794736 at news3.calgary.shaw.ca>)
>   (Missing <ixtW7.916$li.18828 at read1.cgocable.net>)
>   (Missing <TvtW7.55118$Rp6.13402028 at news2.rdc1.ab.home.com>)
>   (Missing <%utW7.286645$er5.5523115 at e3500-atl2.usenetserver.com>)
>   (Missing <kutW7.286634$er5.5503369 at e3500-atl2.usenetserver.com>)
>   (Missing <rStW7.384$YR3.331408 at news.uswest.net>)
>   (Missing <a0do9j$1kc8$489 at scavenger.euro.net>)
>   (Missing <FutW7.286640$er5.5461340 at e3500-atl2.usenetserver.com>)

> Can someone clue me into what is going on, or how to clean this up?

Those aren't errors, and there isn't anything you have to clean up.  When
given the -a option, cnfsstat tries to find the age of the oldest article
in the cycbuff, but frequently older articles have expired or been
cancelled, which will result in messages like those as the oldest articles
aren't actually present.