Linux + large-files

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 1 21:50:48 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> then, why not use 2.49c ? IIRC, 2.50 was supposed to be released in
> september.  2.50 could happen RSN or never. 2.49c looks ok to me. It's
> not an alpha version, not even a beta but the third release condidat.
> Looks ok for CURRENT, no ?

Yeah, it probably would be, but I'm worried they're going to do another
major API change again at the last minute to fix some discovered problem,
plus I'm not really chomping at the bit to do the rewrite at the moment.
I figure I'll give them a couple more months; I'm on the mailing list and
it does look like they're making progress.