patterns: at incoming.conf

Kenichi Okada okada at opaopa.org
Mon Feb 5 03:24:08 UTC 2001

I seem to find a bug.
Suppose that I set up my incoming.conf as follows.

peer PEER1 {
	hostname: peer1.com
	patterns: *,!hoge.*
}
peer PEER2 {
	hostname: peer2.com
}

If my server receives an article, which newsgroups is hoge.*,
from PEER1 earlier than PEER2, it will be regarded as a poison
at ARTpoisongroup. When my server is offerd the article
from PEER2, my server will refuse it. Is this behavior different
from the next document?

incoming.conf.5:
       patterns:
              This key requires a string value. It is a  list  of
              newsfeeds(5)  style list of newsgroups which are to
              be accepted from this host. (default="*")

--
Kenichi Okada
mailto:okada at opaopa.org