the new controlchan (+gpgverify)

greg andruk supersede at india.com
Thu Feb 8 01:58:11 UTC 2001

In nnfolder+Mail:inn-workers, Marco d'Itri <md at Linux.IT> wrote:

> I'd like to use -T, but since innshellvars.pl uses eval I can't.
> Does anybody know a workaround?

I used to do something like this to innshellvars.pl (kind of a bogus
check, but we need to trust innconfval anyway)...

12c12,20
< eval `/news/exp/bin/innconfval -p`;
---
> undef $/;
> open F, "/news/exp/bin/innconfval -p |"
> 	|| die "innshellvars.pl cant spawn innconfval";
> $tempconf = <F>;
> $tempconf =~ m/(.*)/s;
> eval $1;
> undef $tempconf;
> close F;
> $/ = "\n";

There are surely prettier ways to do that!

...and the layout of controlchan changes like so to shut up the path
dependency complaint (diff against the released one because it was
there):

*** controlchan	Fri Feb  2 22:34:35 2001
--- cch2	Wed Feb  7 20:35:04 2001
  #! /usr/local/bin/perl
! require '/news/exp/lib/innshellvars.pl';

  #! /usr/local/bin/perl
! my $innshellvars = '/news/exp/lib/innshellt.pl';