Wow... expire still too slow

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Sat Feb 17 11:44:00 UTC 2001

On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 around 16:24:05 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

Ok, just to report some more factoits :)

After our litte conversation about the slowness of expire I decided to
upgrade the newsserver with a new processor (733Mhc) and memory
(512MB). It has been running for 10 days now and I must say its expiry
performance improved tremendiously! It now finishes the expire
(started at 8:30) around 12:30 /on the same day/.

Incredible, I never thought to see that happening again :)

Might I suggest that the /hint/ of using lots of memory for
a newsserver is replaced by a very big *MUST HAVE* text??

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink