Adding a specific footer to a Posting

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Feb 28 23:28:07 UTC 2001

In article <000001c0a0ad$571bcd00$f11ddbc2 at xeilwn>,
George A. Michalopoulos <George at Michalopoulos.gr> wrote:

| is there any way to add a specific footer to any posting, posted in my news
| server ?
| something like a disclaimer, etc .. ?

  The filter_nnrpd.pl filter can rewrite the headers and body of posts
as needed. For disclamers I would tend to favor adding a header
X-Disclamer line, but that's an option rather than a rule. I'm careful
to avoid mixing server stuff and what the user said, but I realize that
some sites feel they must do this.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc