Considering making the code C++ portable

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 3 19:58:11 UTC 2001

Steve Prior <sprior at geekster.com> writes:

> I'm looking over the INN code to make some custom mods and would
> happen to prefer working with a C++ compiler to do so.

I've thought about this before, and I'd like to make sure that all of
INN's libraries can be used from inside C++, which means making all of the
public headers C++-safe.  (For the most part, I think they already are.)
Making all of the code C++ safe doesn't look to be worth it to me, mostly
because it's rarely going to be tested and is likely to be constantly
breaking again.

Is there any way to do what you want to do without having to compile all
of INN under C++?  How annoying is it?