tradindexed - Interrupted system call

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Wed Jan 3 20:35:00 UTC 2001

Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Well, if we want to provide an xopen wrapper, that's not *too* bad (the
> storage API and overview system don't all use xwrite yet and should), if
> it's really necessary.  But given the amount of mmaping that INN does, I'm
> surprised it works on NFS at all.

It works even very well. The only thing is that under high load (> 500
concurrent readers) I'm getting that "tradindexed: could not open
/news/overview/[...].IDX|.DAT: Interrupted system call" resulting in
"SERVER cant store overview for @...@" stuff now and then. System is,
as I said, a SUN with Solaris 8, everything below ~/spool on a NetApp
(NFS Filer).

And I suspect that the problem slowly corrupts the overview database.
Which is expensive under 2.3x because as Katsuhiro wrote some days ago
as response to my question, you only can rebuild overview in whole and
not for individual groups (as you could do with expireover's "-f" flag
in older versions).

Bye,
Bettina