tradindexed - Interrupted system call

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Sat Jan 6 17:47:22 UTC 2001

Mirek Luc <mirecki at nask.pl> wrote:

>> Pöh! ;-)
> What does it mean?:-)

Nothing, it's just a snappish noise. :-)

>> No. And after some more debugging and researching, I don't even
>> think it's a NFS problem at all.
>
> You're wrong.

That has to be proven. :-) See below ...

>> I have some ideas how to fix / prevent the problem, but I need some
>> time to properly test everything ...
>
> Wrappers?

That's one approach. I've put the wrapper solution already in place and
it's waiting to be put under extreme load to be tested for success; I've
yesterday spoken with someone who saw the same problems and errors on a
non-NFS (!) box and did (successfully) fix it with wrappers. But we also
discussed some other ideas, but I want to test things properly first ...

Bye,
Bettina