tradindexed - Interrupted system call

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Mon Jan 8 14:56:23 UTC 2001

Mirek Luc <mirecki at nask.pl> wrote:

>>> You're wrong.
>> That has to be proven. :-) See below ...
>
> See <Pine.GSO.4.30.0101021209030.18576-100000 at boromir>.

Erm ... Somehow I have the feeling we are talking at cross-purposes:

If you see the same errors on both NFS and non-NFS boxes, how can you
say it's an NFS problem? As Andreas wrote: The man page for open() simply
says, that on Solaris 2.x you can get EINTR. The man page doesn't make
any restrictions about the file system. Even if you say that NFS is evil
and guilty by default because NFS bashing is hip ;-), others with non-NFS
boxes ran into the same problem, so there should be some fix anyway (e.g.
wrapper). I have to finish my tests, but I'm pretty sure the wrapper we
have placed will fix at least that call (I don't want to think about all
the other places where things maybe fail silently ...) - for both NFS and
non-NFS boxes.

Again: I think we are talking at cross-purposes. But your "Maybe any proper
warning should be in the INSTALL file. Like tghis: Do not install INN's spool
(or any parts?) on NFS." sounded to me like "Oh, NFS, we don't have to talk
any further" which goes way to short IMO ... Maybe just a misunderstanding.

Bye,
Bettina