SERVER throttle File exists writing SMstore file -- throttling

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Thu Jan 11 18:07:06 UTC 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 around 08:48:13 -0500, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> "Aleksandr V. Dyomin" <fly at shah.nnov.ru> writes:
> > I mean this happen after computer power off without shutdown system(my
> > UPS is not stable). But how fix this without deleting spool(this help)?
> > Can innd do it(fix) automaticaly?
>
> At a guess, you're running with tradspool.  Due to unclean shutdown,
> overview is substantially out of date with respect to spool content
> and active file.  Renumbering on startup has done its best effort by
> finding overview stuff, which lags active and spool content, and
> renumbered active on that basis...which is just plain wrong.

I have the same problem, and your diagnose is not correct. I have been
running 2.30 on the system since scratch, and developed the same problem
as Karl. No reboot during the live time of innd, or didn't even stopped
the process. (now I did...)

I'm currently rebuilding the overview database, but that is already
1.5 days underway now :(

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink