tradindexed - Interrupted system call

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Tue Jan 16 23:18:18 UTC 2001

Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

>> ["Interrupted system call" on Solaris 8]
> Out of curiosity, are you running nnrpd separately or letting innd
> spawn it? If you're letting innd spawn it, does running it separately
> (under something like tcpserver from <http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html>)
> help this any?  That's the most likely system call, and without nnrpd
> innd shouldn't get SIGCHLD very frequently at all.

Jupp, using nnrpd in standalone mode to reduce the number of SIGCHLDs
was another approach (beside wrapping the system calls) we discussed,
I'm running it separately for about a week now.

The system in question is unavailable at the moment due to some hardware
maintenance, but I will continue my tests soon. My first impression was
that running nnrpd separately eases the problem, but I hadn't the chance
to reproduce extreme load situations up to now, so tests need to be con-
tinued.

> Agreed that the problem still needs to be fixed.

*nod* :-)

Bye,
Bettina