tradindexed - Interrupted system call

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 16 14:54:46 UTC 2001

Bettina Fink <laura at hydrophil.de> writes:

> It works even very well. The only thing is that under high load (> 500
> concurrent readers) I'm getting that "tradindexed: could not open
> /news/overview/[...].IDX|.DAT: Interrupted system call" resulting in
> "SERVER cant store overview for @...@" stuff now and then. System is, as
> I said, a SUN with Solaris 8, everything below ~/spool on a NetApp (NFS
> Filer).

Out of curiosity, are you running nnrpd separately or letting innd spawn
it?  If you're letting innd spawn it, does running it separately (under
something like tcpserver from <http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html>) help this
any?  That's the most likely system call, and without nnrpd innd shouldn't
get SIGCHLD very frequently at all.

Agreed that the problem still needs to be fixed.

(BTW, I'm now running nnrpd under supervise and tcpserver and it works
quite nicely, which is cool since the more stuff I can get under svscan
the better.  At some point, I want to take a look at using multilog for
some of INN's logging output to reduce the system load caused by syslog.)