ninpaths updated

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 23 00:19:52 UTC 2001

Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl> writes:

> 1. Can you keep this socket open as long as you want?

Yup.

> 2. Is there a 'quit' command, or do you just close() the socket when done?

To INN, it behaves basically just like a port 119 connection, so you can
send the same basic commands to it.

> 3. Before closing it, do you need to wait for all replies, or
>    can you just close it even with unread replies? If there's
>    a quit command, do you need to wait for a reply? What reply ?

You don't have to wait for the reply to quit.  I'm not sure if you have to
wait for the replies to the cancel commands; that depends on whether INN
flushes the buffer on a write error, and I haven't looked at that code to
see if it does.