Customisable expiry - how?

Olaf Titz olaf at bigred.inka.de
Tue Jan 23 12:26:01 UTC 2001

> > unlink individual articles, you're referring to traditional one-
> > article-per-file directory-based spool.  Also, I'll assume you are
> > referring to INN before the 2.3 family, as the commands I'm going to
> > refer to are in the 2.2.3 release, but I'm pretty sure have changed in
> > the transition to the storage API...
>
> Incidentally, if you want to do this same thing under INN 2.3, you can
> still just unlink the articles that you want to have go away.  Both
> expireover and expire should then pick up the fact that the articles are
> missing and make the history and overview entries go away.

I've been doing this for years and it always has mostly worked. It
didn't work at a time (INN 2.1-2.2?) because the expire program wasn't
checking the existence for articles for non-self-expiring storage
methods. Now it always checks when in group-based expiry mode.

Olaf

PS. I'd like to get this into contrib:
<URL:http://sites.inka.de/~bigred/devel/thdexpire.txt>
(almost self-contained perl program)