Customisable expiry - how?

Dickon Hood dickon.hood at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 10:55:49 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 13:26:01 +0100, Olaf Titz wrote:
: > > unlink individual articles, you're referring to traditional one-
: > > article-per-file directory-based spool.  Also, I'll assume you are
: > > referring to INN before the 2.3 family, as the commands I'm going to
: > > refer to are in the 2.2.3 release, but I'm pretty sure have changed in
: > > the transition to the storage API...

: > Incidentally, if you want to do this same thing under INN 2.3, you can
: > still just unlink the articles that you want to have go away.  Both
: > expireover and expire should then pick up the fact that the articles are
: > missing and make the history and overview entries go away.

: I've been doing this for years and it always has mostly worked. It
: didn't work at a time (INN 2.1-2.2?) because the expire program wasn't
: checking the existence for articles for non-self-expiring storage
: methods. Now it always checks when in group-based expiry mode.

Damn.  For various reasons (basically, we know it works, we have a kit of
it, we use it internally, etc., etc., the usual excuses), we're using 2.1.
I'll have to upgrade it.

Thanks.

--
Dickon Hood

BBC Internet Services,
Kingswood Warren.
(+44 1737 8)39754.  Mail me.  Don't phone if possible.  Ta.