ninpaths patch

Olaf Titz olaf at bigred.inka.de
Fri Jan 26 18:03:19 UTC 2001

> - update the README to s/-p-d/-p -d/ and do not depend upon ME prefs

When I wrote the first version of that example, depending on ME was
intentional. My (perhaps) flawed idea was to count only those articles which
were in the default distribution pattern and ignore additional (local)
hierarchies which could distort the statistics, and completely ignore any
stuff which is site-internal and not part of Usenet traffic proper.
(E.g. junk and to.* stuff)

OTOH this relies on a notion of symmetry between incoming and outgoing feeds.

>  ninpaths.o: ninpaths.c
> -	$(CC) $(LDLAGS) -o $@ -c $<
> +	$(CC) $(DEFS) $(LDLAGS) -o $@ -c $<
                        ^^^^^^
there's another bug you've overlooked :-)

Olaf