expireover: OVctl(OVSTATALL) failed after upgrading to INN-2.3.1 from 2.3.0

"Anders K. Pedersen" mailnews-news-inn-workers at akp.dk
Sun Jan 28 15:25:20 UTC 2001

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> In article <3A731A35.640D14F2 at akp.dk>,
>         mailnews-news-inn-workers at akp.dk ("Anders K. Pedersen" ) wrote;
>
> } expireover: OVctl(OVSTATALL) failed
>
> This should not happen with libstorage.  I suspect
> your libstroage.a was not updated properly.

There are 3 copies of libstorage.a on the newsserver - one in
/usr/local/news/lib, and one in each of the build directories for
INN-2.3.0 and INN-2.3.1. The one in /usr/local/news/lib is the same as
the one in the build directory for INN-2.3.1.

I noticed however, that libinn.so.2 and libstorage.so.2 were symbolic
links to libinn.so.2.0.0.OLD and libstorage.so.2.0.0.OLD - I changed
these to point to libinn.so.2.0.0 and libstorage.so.2.0.0, and ran
ldconfig, which changed them back to the .OLD versions. After removing
the .OLD files and running ldconfig again, the symbolic links were
changed to point to the new versions, and expireover now seems to run
correctly.

Regards,
Anders K. Pedersen
Reply to the list or to "Anders K. Pedersen" <akp at akp.dk>