INN not keeping up with incoming news

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Tue Jan 30 05:30:24 UTC 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.3.93.1010129232154.390A-100000 at outland.tmr.com>,
	Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote;

} Any thoughts, tips, or bits of hope for multithreading would be
} delightful.

As I wrote before several times, I'm rewriting incoming
processing within innd to avoid wasteful memory copying.
I've written the code already and now debugging.  If your
server consumes much cpu time also at ARTclean, the patch
should resolve your problem as well as at ARTclean and at
NCproc() which is invisible in innd timer.  Meanwhile I
tried to modify the code so that we can use it also as
multithreaded, but it may be incomplete.  As to multithreading,
r$ or someone said it'd be better to write from scatch.
But I think I may write it based on the current code,
although it'd take much time to accomplish due to shortage
of my free time.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou