inn posts and active file

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Jul 2 14:45:18 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, deen at slt.lk wrote:

> How do I check whether a post which I have done to a newsgroup is succesful.

If you want to know what your server did with it, look in the "news"
logfile.  If it seems to be accepted but you can't see it, perhaps your
overview is broken.  (What spool and overview methods are you using?)

If you want to know if it made it to the world, try
http://groups.google.com/.

> Also, is there a possibility to someone to force a newsgroup which was not
> originally in the active file, because I find new groups in my active file.

New groups can be created by control messages, depending on your
configuration (see the "control.ctl" config file and read the manpage to
understand it).

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org