inn posts and active file

Lisa Ungar lungar at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 2 14:58:20 UTC 2001

Deen,

I happen to notice this happening with my posts to empty newsgroups.  My
post is the first append.    If there were already appends inside the news
groups the posts appeared in my news reader.  However, if I went to
somebody else and they subscribed to the newsgroup, they saw my append,
while I didn't see it.  Basically, I think one needs to resubscribe to it.

 I figured that  is related to some bug.in my newsreader, which didn't let
me see the first post of a newsgroup, if it was posted from the newsreader.

I tried this using both Outlook Express as well as Netscape Messenger.

Thanks,

Lisa