db->put: Invalid argument?

Ron Jarrell jarrell at solaris.cc.vt.edu
Mon Jul 9 01:31:03 UTC 2001

At 09:18 AM 7/4/01 +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:

>Ron Jarrell <jarrell at solaris.cc.vt.edu> writes:

>> >3.2.9?
>>
>> Yea, sorry, 3.2.9.
>
>Just a shot in the dark :-(
>
>Well patched kernel too? I'm trying to figure why I'm not seeing the
>problem anymore (and I was in the past with some regularity).

Yea.  Right before we brought up the server, we updated the recommended
solaris 8 patch set.  There's some of the optionals we didn't install, but nothing
that seemed extremely pertinent.

Did you used to have problems with getting the low article count be -1 in
some groups?  I had a couple do that to me early on (and I've seen others
have the problem)  Maybe the overview db had a bad record in it because
of that, which has since rolled off because the cnfs buffers cycled, so I'm
not seeing the error any more?