db->put: Invalid argument?

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Mon Jul 9 07:21:11 UTC 2001

Ron Jarrell <jarrell at solaris.cc.vt.edu> writes:

> Did you used to have problems with getting the low article count be -1 in
> some groups?  I had a couple do that to me early on (and I've seen others
> have the problem)  Maybe the overview db had a bad record in it because
> of that, which has since rolled off because the cnfs buffers cycled, so I'm
> not seeing the error any more?

There's definately something screwy in the low/high article handling -
whilst Berkeley DB generates gazillions of uninitialised memory reads
under Purify, some of them propagate up to the OVDB code so the low
and high article numbers are uninitialised when the counts are being
adjusted in ovdb_add; I don't believe those are phantoms.