Audit of INN against draft-ietf-nntpext-base-13.txt complete

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Mon Jul 9 07:35:39 UTC 2001

"nnrpd responds to all IHAVE commands with a 480 response (saying that
authentication is needed).  This is nonsensical; nnrpd will never accept
an IHAVE command no matter how the user authenticates."

This is an interesting one... I actually need nnrpd to accept IHAVE
(an historical artifact from way back when, when Demon customers
really did peer with the news server)

I haven't got around to implementing it yet, but it sounds like it
might be more controversial than I'd expected!