Audit of INN against draft-ietf-nntpext-base-13.txt complete

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 9 10:33:39 UTC 2001

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:

> That was my plan, more or less; if we break people because they were
> relying on things which were unsupportable, thats their problem, but if
> we can avoid gratuitously breaking them I'd like to.

Makes sense to me.  And in general I fall on the configurability side of
the debate over pure standard implementation vs. highly customizeable
software, although I think INN has suffered from having a few too many odd
corners tacked on and needs some cleaning up in that department.

> Is there a list somewhere of the headers a relaying agent should
> require?

RFC 1036 on that score is actually pretty accurate.  Basically, From,
Date, Newsgroups, Subject, Message-ID, and Path.