SIGBUS inn-STABLE-20010726

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Tue Jul 31 14:30:58 UTC 2001

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> wrote:

>> JFTR: It seems to be a compiler problem (gcc 2.95.3), I've tried again
>> with an egcs (leftover from squid installation), now it seems to be
>> stable.
>
> That makes some sense given the fault you're getting. I'd guess
> playing with the compiler optimisation options might well fix it.

That was the first thing I've tried, but it didn't help. Now I'm
doing some systematic tests with several compiler versions and
options ...

> Of course its possible that gcc is making a valid optimisation based
> on the constraints in the code, but that the constraints are wrong.
>
> The line it happened at would be interesting to take a look at.

See "http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/inn-workers/2001/03/msg01462.html",
we tracked it down to innd/chan.c (around line 291). But AFAICS, the
code looks ok ...

Bye,
Bettina