newbie problems with initial setup of INN

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Jun 22 18:41:01 UTC 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Kelly F. Hickel wrote:

> Well, you were right, in that I had forgotten to update that file (I had
> tried a PULL feed first with the same results), even after I update it, no
> joy.  I've checked the files in the log directory as well as the syslog, no
> useful information appears.

I assume you did `ctlinnd reload incoming.conf` after updating it?  (Or
just restarted the server.)

Look in the log file "news" (in the same directory as news.notice and
friends), it should have a line for each article that is offerred to you,
with error messages if appropriate.  Are the articles getting that far?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org