more newbie....

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Mon Jun 25 23:33:47 UTC 2001

OK, I may have missed something obvious, but......

(with help from this list) I got our new news server up and working on
Friday.  We're only taking about 20 or so groups, but I noticed that I was
getting article rejected messages for all the groups.  I later found that I
was getting around 10000 nntp hits per minute on my external router, I
assume that this is because my ISPs server is sending me every article, just
to have INN reject 99.999% of them.  How do I cut down on the traffic?  Do I
have to tell my ISP what groups I want and then notify them everytime I add
a group?

Thanks,
	Kelly