active file has strange low/hi mark values

Eric McDonald ericm at rain.org
Wed Jun 27 14:46:29 UTC 2001

Hi:

I have a large number of newsgroups with ludicrous high/low mark values:

alt.fan.digimon 2147483650 2147483648 y

for example.  I've tried removing a group and re-adding it and it doesn't
help.

I've also completely rebuilt overview and uniover databases to try and
resolve but these values keep coming back on a handful of groups (about
200 of them).

I've even completely blown out my article spool (I use cnnfs) and
reset my entire news server!  But this problem has come back after a
month.

When one of my users tries to use tin to hit one of these groups it
crashes and they are unable to read news.

This is INN 2.2.3 on Sparc/Linux...

I'm not sure what to do next... Any advice on why these bad values creep
back would be greatly appreciated.

Eric