active file has strange low/hi mark values

Eric McDonald ericm at rain.org
Thu Jun 28 22:18:30 UTC 2001

I tried resetting the numbers to zero for one of the groups in question and
re-ran ctlinnd renumber on it, and it once again put the bizzare value for
the low mark:

From:
comp.os.os2.advocacy 0000000001 0000000001 y
To (after renumber):
comp.os.os2.advocacy 2147483647 0000000001 y

Where does renumber get this value from?  What algorithm is it going through
to determine the low mark?

Eric