checkgroups format

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 1 05:19:05 UTC 2001

Marco d'Itri <md at Linux.IT> writes:

> Why does checkgroups.pl skips empty body lines when mailing a
> checkgroups or piping it to docheckgroups?

*Something* should both skip empty body lines and anything that begins
with a space (and should probably also skip anything that doesn't look
like a newsgroup and anything after "-- ", just because I've seen those
mistakes).  Whether that's docheckgroups or checkgroups.pl, I don't have a
strong opinion on.

> And what should really be the argument to docheckgroups?  Is passing a
> grep pattern the documented way to run it?

This I don't know.  :/  I'd have to try to read the code.