readers.conf question

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Fri Mar 2 08:37:11 UTC 2001

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> wrote:

> } So far so nice (except for my headache ;-), but I don't understand
> } why the first setup didn't worked.
>
> I think that's because username cannot be determined
> the first case.  Then no access realm matches.  Man
> page needs to be fixed also.

If that's really the case, the man page is seriously broken,
it clearly says "If this parameter [users] isn't given, the
access group applies to all users" (explanation about the
difference between "users: *" and "no users key" follows).

And the "trick" with "no users key" matching "empty identity"
is explicitly used and explained in the authentication example.

Eh, readers.conf is <insert favourite swear-word>, the man
page is the only anchor I have! Don't make me fight against
the config AND the man page ... You owe me two Aspirin. ;-)

Bye,
Bettina