readers.conf question

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Fri Mar 2 19:54:23 UTC 2001

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> wrote:

> } If that's really the case, the man page is seriously broken,
> } it clearly says "If this parameter [users] isn't given, the
> } access group applies to all users" (explanation about the
> } difference between "users: *" and "no users key" follows).
>
> Yes, it's true.  But in the case which you tried at first can
> not determine users in auth realm.  That realm does not match
> any of access realm, if 'auth: ckpasswd ...' fails.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted and what's in the (old)
man page:

If they don't authenticate or authentication fails, they
get / keep an "empty" identity, because there is no "default"
identity in the auth realm.

One of my access realms had *no* "users" parameter, what
is described as "catches all and everything", even clients
with an "empty" identity. But that wasn't true in practice.

Nevertheless, I finally got it working the way I want ... ;-)

> So I've fixed to add dummy username by 'default: <NOPASSWD>'
> in readers.conf(5).

Thanks, I'll read it when I do the next upate.

Bye,
Bettina