Release status and plans

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at epix.net
Sat Mar 3 17:21:39 UTC 2001

> So for a rough time scale of major features that are on my internal radar:
>
>  2.4: History API, new controlchan, basic configuration parser, inn.conf
>       converted to the new parser

Can we make it a release policy that anything that requires a
rebuild of history or overview is a MAJOR release?

The INN 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade is a big gotcha.  Users don't expect
that much pain for a minor release.  I think it should have
been named INN 3.0, not 2.3.0.

cvsup is past version 15 now, right.  So don't tell me it
isn't culture to do major version incrementing.