gpgverify in

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Mon Mar 5 10:22:52 UTC 2001

On Mar 05, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

 >I commented out the line setting $gpghome to '/etc/news/pgp' since that
 >won't work for systems that don't use an FHS-compliant structure and since
Oh, you are right, I forgot about it. I think $pathetc/pgp is the best
place to put it, because the directory should be backed up with the
other config files.

 >user).  The problem with just picking some other directory (and any of
 >pathetc/pgp, pathlib/pgp, or pathdb/pgp sounds reasonable to me) is that
 >it's slightly tricky to tell people how to load a new PGP key.  Maybe we
gpg --homedir=$pathetc/pgp ... does not look hard to me.

 >should provide a simple little script that given a PGP key, passes the
 >right flags to the detected PGP program to load it into the key ring?
I don't think the complexity is worth it.

(I'm waiting for your final comments on controlchan before sending it
for the commit.)

--
ciao,
Marco