INNT overview..

Fabien Tassin fta at sofaraway.org
Sun Mar 11 16:15:33 UTC 2001

According to Russ Allbery:

> > I don't like libinn in its current form. I really would like to see
> > smaller libs with dedicated sets of tasks.
>
> Could you let me know what about it you don't like in particular?  I'd
> really like to clean up libinn as much as I can; there are parts of it
> (sometimes large parts) that I haven't gotten to yet, but I think most of
> the new stuff that's been put in or cleaned up is pretty solid and
> generally useful.

It is mainly a size problem.

-r-xr-xr-x    1 news     news      1236736 Mar  7 00:11 libinn.a
-r-xr-xr-x    1 news     news       692554 Mar  7 00:11 libstorage.a

the threading problem is also easier to avoid/fix with much smaller libs.

> > I'm using xmalloc() but as it conflicts with dmalloc, I'm looking for a
> > better name.
>
> How does it conflict with dmalloc?  Maybe I can help resolve the conflict?
> My intention was for xmalloc to be more generally useful than even just in
> INN, and I have an interest in making sure it doesn't have serious
> conflicts with other packages.

dmalloc already uses xmalloc defines..

dmalloc.h :

#undef xmalloc
#define xmalloc(size) \
  _xmalloc_leap(__FILE__, __LINE__, size)
#undef xcalloc
#define xcalloc(count, size) \
  _xcalloc_leap(__FILE__, __LINE__, count, size)

Fabien Tassin -+- fta at sofaraway.org