innfeed as a memory eating hog - crazy hog!

Andrew A. Vasilyev andy at demos.su
Fri Mar 16 21:18:44 UTC 2001

> I'll bet you're using CNFS.  innfeed will have a bunch of sections
> of your CNFS buffers mmap'd.  Those mmap'ed regions are in the
> process' address space which is why the size looks so huge (I see
> the same thing with HP/UX).  But notice that your RES is a much more
> reasonable size.  That's how much RAM is actually used by that
> process.

  Unfortunately this is not so good as you describe :((
  I know about mmap, but the following figures are not due to
  this call, but all the memory had been eaten by malloc()-s,
  and was visible as heap, not system shared memory. Please pay
  attention to free memory below - and the system has 1GB RAM,
  and now - without leaking innfeed, - we have 600MB free.
  I can say the same about swap - we have 1GB free space there,
  but today morning 2/3 was used. So the problem is still exists,
  I saw this pig not for the first time. :((( Is there any chance
  of Pyrify-ing this monster?
________
	ANDY