expireover: could not open OV database

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Fri Mar 16 22:24:28 UTC 2001

Hello,

Just installed INN 2.3.1; ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/inn-2.3.1.tar.gz

innd configured with --with-perl and --enable-tagged-hash

cnfs storage, overview are running, clients have no problems
reading/posting to newsgroups..

however, when I run the following:

/usr/local/news/bin/news.daily nomail nologs nostat norotate notdaily
expireover lowmark

I get:

expireover: could not open OV database

[vallen:/usr/local/news/bin]: ./inndf -o
15 % overview space used

I could not find any referrence to this error in my inn-workers folder,
or in expireover, news.daily man pages..

no errors when running inncheck and nothing in news.crit, what should I do
to get overview db to expire?

Thanks for any input,
-Basil