Banner question

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Fri Mar 23 23:04:57 UTC 2001

Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it> wrote:

>>> Is there a possibility that nnrpd shows up with "201" first for
>>> the authorization candidates?
>> I'm sure there are some clients who take this seriously and break
>> on such a change.
>
> I think it was netscape. I remember this issue being discussed on
> news.software.nntp.

Can anyone provide me with a summary or Message-IDs? I've checked
with Netscape (4.75, Linux) on my "201/480" server and it works fine
(authorization, reading, posting). As I wrote, I have such a setup
(201 followed by 480) running for a long time on a pretty busy server
and I never had any complaints or heard of any problems.

Bye,
Bettina