Moderator Group Posting Fail

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 29 11:17:52 UTC 2001

w2kjun <w2kjun at corp.thrunet.com> writes:

> I can't post articles to Moderator Group .
> In mailbox of admin, there is error messages like this...

> fr-comp-os-linux-configuration at moderators.isc.org

> 550 fr-comp-os-linux-configuration at moderators.isc.org... Host unknown (Name
> server: mailhost.: host not found)

The MTA on your machine isn't properly configured.

> I checked /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ...
>  in that file, there is a like this...

> # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
> DSmailhost.$m

> So, I just wanna know Whether this line is related with not posting
> Moderator group..??

Yes.  Your sendmail configuration is broken.

> What shall i do to post to moderator??

Fix your sendmail configuration.  *wry grin*  That line is pretty
obviously broken, but beyond that I don't have much advice; this both
isn't the place for sendmail questions (your problem is unrelated to INN)
and I personally haven't run sendmail in years.

If you have a smart relay machine on your network, you may be able to
change that line to point to the appropriate host, but given that $m is
apparently null, I think you probably have more serious sendmail
configuration problems than that and really need to overhaul your mail
configuration entirely.

You may be able to get help in one of the Linux or Unix Usenet groups.