Moderator Group Posting Fail

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Thu Mar 29 11:37:55 UTC 2001

w2kjun at corp.thrunet.com writes:

>         by nntpko (8.8.8+Sun/8.8.8) id NAA27235
>         for fr-comp-os-linux-configuration at moderators.isc.org; Thu, 29 Mar

[...]

> I checked /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ...
>  in that file, there is a like this...
>
> # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
> DSmailhost.$m

Given the received line I bet you're running Solaris with an out of
the box sendmail config (which assumes there's a box called mailhost
on the network).

Either adding a line in /etc/hosts which gives you a mailhost
(pointing at a local smarthost), or copying /etc/mail/main.cf to
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf (do your own MXing) should fix it.