Negative logartsize

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 29 20:58:27 UTC 2001

Here's an odd one. I just built 20010222-CURRENT for Linux with
largefile support. All of a sudden, after a reboot, some of the article
sizes come back negative in ${NEWS}/log/news with 'logartsize' set in
inn.conf. I suppose this is a 64 vs. 32 bit issue, and I'm chasing it
now, but I thought I'd mention it. I'd really rather fix it than upgrade
right now, and I bet the offset in the cycbuff just got >2GB.
Unfortunately the perl was not compiled with large file support (built
for 2.2.xx kernel, I'm sure), so I have to rebuild that before I can
check that supposition.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc