Negative logartsize

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Mar 30 23:39:59 UTC 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, bill davidsen wrote:

> Here's an odd one. I just built 20010222-CURRENT for Linux with
> largefile support. All of a sudden, after a reboot, some of the article
> sizes come back negative in ${NEWS}/log/news with 'logartsize' set in
> inn.conf. I suppose this is a 64 vs. 32 bit issue, and I'm chasing it
> now, but I thought I'd mention it. I'd really rather fix it than upgrade
> right now, and I bet the offset in the cycbuff just got >2GB.

  More information on this, it absolutely only happens if there is a feed
being generated. I was putting in ~150GB/day as a test, and it was working
fine. Then when I turned on a feed I started seeing negative numbers for
article size. This showed in the logs, and also in all articles going in
the "tiny" queue. Oddly, not every article showed this.

  More when I find it.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc