inews not allowed to post with Approved header under -CURRENT

Peter Gradwell peter at gradwell.com
Sun May 6 10:28:24 UTC 2001

Hello,

We upgraded a box to -CURRENT last weekend and when ever
something comes in via it's mail2news gateway we now get

Can't_send_article_to_the_server:/_441_You_are_not_allowed_to_approve_postings/

(Article_not_posted.)/did_0+0+1/

in the mail logs. (inews is invoked from ~news/bin/inews by the user "lists"
and it's permissions are set to -r-x-r-s-r-x as we had it set before to allow
other users to use inews.)

In this case it's trying to inject mailing list articles into a private
hierarchy
that we have moderated. Thus, our mail2news script adds an approved header.

I can't find anything in any docs that indicates a config change. Any clues?

thanks
peter

engineering & technical services for email, usenet, sms and web.