New controlchan landed

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Mon May 7 08:00:14 UTC 2001

> I haven't tested the new code yet; I'm going to do a build on my
> test server and install it and then see how things go.  Folks
> tracking CURRENT should be aware that control message handling may
> be a bit unstable for the next few days as we shake out any bugs I
> might have introduced in the process of importing all of the code.

        Well, I upgraded to the CURRENT pulled on 2001-05-06 and
        controlchan does not seem to work:

May  7 10:20:26 news2.cc.tut.fi controlchan[6288]: Unrecognized character \x05 at /usr/local/news/bin/control/ line 1.  Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/news/bin/controlchan line 55.

        I am not so familiar with perl that I could immediatly find
        out what is happening there. Older controlchan appears to
        be working.

        Oh, the perl version is 5.6.0 and without Sys::Syslog.

--
- Matti -