GnuPG support for pgpverify

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed May 9 13:32:19 UTC 2001

Marco d'Itri <md at Linux.IT> writes:
> On May 09, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

>> I can't use the original code since it would set the PGP key ring for
>> PGP to pubring.gpg, but I have now modified the GnuPG sub to set the
>> keyring to a plain 'pubring.gpg' if $keyring isn't set.  That should do
>> the same.

> Then I think using pubring.pgp for both programs would be an even better
> solution.

I'm pretty sure the format isn't compatible.

The configuration right now I believe does the following:

  PGP key rings go into <newsetc>/pgp/pubring.pgp if <newsetc>/pgp exists,
  otherwise into ~news/.pgp/pubring.pgp.

  GnuPG key rings go into <newsetc>/pgp/pubring.gpg if <newsetc>/pgp
  exists, otherwise into ~news/.gnupg/pubring.gpg.

The only weird thing about the current configuration is that I believe PGP
2.6.2 will be wanting to write a randseed.bin file into <newsetc>/pgp.
I'm not sure how to get around that and still have it use a key ring in
etc.