Authenticated clients?

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed May 9 20:53:49 UTC 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ed Halley wrote:

> How can I make at least one of the access groups in the
> readers.conf file require an authentication?

You use the auth: parameter in an auth block to call an external program
which verifies passwords and returns user IDs (you probably want the
'ckpasswd' program included in the distribution and discussed in the
documentation).  Have you read the readers.conf manpage?

> Thanks again to Lisa and Jeffrey for their earlier help.

Sure.

(You might also want to read news.software.nntp, by the way.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org