Last call for INN 2.3.2

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 9 22:34:49 UTC 2001

In article <ylelty5mo9.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

| -CURRENT right now is fairly stable; I expect a big jump in instability
| right after we land the history API, though, that may take a bit to settle
| down and shake out.  (The configuration parsing shouldn't be as big of a
| hit, in part since the first pass is going to still provide inn.conf
| contents to the rest of INN in the same way that the current code does.)

  I will hope for a heads-up before that happens, so I can save the last
-CURRENT for possible use. But the one I have is running fine (knock
wood) and I'm not going to change.

  I have a machine I use for testing, I can put the next unstable there,
and I'll go back to trying to make NFS mounted reader slave work again.
I'd love to see that in the configure settings, although I suspect my
problem is that I'm mounting from a big-endian export to a little-endian
reader box, and probably need a serious hack to make that work. It tries
to work, but any commond but DATE and QUIT gets a segfault.

  I'm playing with NewsCache as well, it works but seems slow. I still
want to take a week of vacation and write a from-scratch caching reader,
and then next year a transit server. I do too much admin and no enough
coding these days.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc